Hi! Welcome to my website.
I am an experienced Information Technologist with over ten years professional experience in the technology industry.
- My professional objectives include:
- Use my experience, knowledge, and education to obtain a challenging and rewarding career with advancement opportunities.
- Learn and advance my expertise in the technology industry by taking advantage of the right opportunities.
- Join an organization that is focused on teamwork and technological advancements.
- Obtain additional professional certifications to endorse my knowledge and experience.
- Willing to relocate to San Antonio, Austin, Houston or Dallas area for the right opportunity.
Click here to download my Resume.
Electrical SCADA I.T. Supervisor at Brownsville Public Utilities Board
6/2015 - Present
Brownsville Public Utilities Board (BPUB) is a municipally owned utility offering electric, water and wastewater services to its customers in the Brownsville area. The Electrical Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Team is an information technology team performing IT functions for a dedicated SCADA Systems infrastructure that includes dedicated Fiber Network, Cisco Network Devices, Windows and Linux Servers and various software applications. I was originally hired as Software Application Administrator for the IT Department and was promoted to this position after only 14 months.
- Team Management – I supervise the electric SCADA technical team that consists of a Network Administrator, a Systems Analyst, a Compliance Coordinator, and 3 Electric SCADA Technicians.
- Technology Planning – I work with management to develop yearly technology plans and budgets for existing maintenance renewals and new technologies.
- System Analysis – I work with end users to define new system requirements based on information gathered during system analysis of current processes. Using this information, I create documented plans containing the project goals, scope, requirements and development strategies, which may include application prototypes and database models.
- Technical Writing – I write strategic plans for new technologies implementations and project implementation plans for new software development projects. I also write security policies and procedures, as well as update existing policies and procedures to meet new requirements.
- Project Management – I lead and coordinate multiple projects consisting of team members from multiple departments. My goal as project manager is to keep the team focused on project scope and goals, and also encourage team collaboration towards task and project completion.
- Database (SQL) – I work with Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle Databases and create queries for reports and software processes, as well as perform query optimization and testing. I also create database models and diagrams for new implementations.
- System Architecture – I work with the network administration team to create new virtual servers for new software implementations. I also document system details for new and updated system hardware and help troubleshoot performance issues.
- Technical Training – I develop training material for new software solutions and existing applications. I also create technical guides for systems used in the I.T. Department.
- Patch Release Management – I assisted in the implementation of new procedures for testing and releasing updates and patches.
- Customer Service – I have a proven track record of providing excellent customer service.
Director of Cloud Services at DataLogic Software, Inc.
1/2007 – 6/2015
DataLogic Software, Inc. is a full service software company that created Vesta® Software for Texas Homecare Provider Agencies. Vesta® is a cloud based software and the most widely-used system in Texas Medicaid Community Care.
- Project Management – I led many large team projects during this employment. I directed technology team that included software developers, database administrators, network administrators, solution testers, technical support specialists and consultants.
- System Analysis – Worked with Software end users to define system requirements for new application implementations. The information gathered was used to create software patch implementation plans, including database models and screen prototypes. I also collaborated with outside consultants on projects that required technical specifications for project requirements.
- Technical Writing – I wrote project plans which included system requirements, database designs, and screen prototypes. I also created security policies, network system diagrams, database model diagrams, and an extensive disaster recovery plan for the company.
- Database (SQL) – I worked with Sybase Advantage Database Server and Oracle Database Server. I wrote new SQL for reports and software development processes. I also created new tables and normalized existing tables for better performance. I also tested queries for accuracy and optimized queries for performance.
- System Architecture – I led multiple system architecture projects including the installation of new security and networking hardware which included transitions to new ISPs. I also led projects to develop and implement a hosting solution for the Vesta® software. This new system consisted of physical and virtual servers from which customers accessed the application via a secure Remote Desktop Connection. This eventually included over 40 virtual servers running on 12 hosts and included over 15 physical servers, some of which were hosted in separate Data Centers for redundancy.
- Software Development (Coding) – I worked with Delphi and Visual Studio to develop software solutions. This included the development of new screens and functionality for Vesta®. I also performed bug fixes and developed stand-alone solutions for various server utilities.
- Technical Training – I led the initial project to create a complete help manual for the Vesta® software and also created specialized training material for specific training sessions. I administered live training classes in computer lab setting teaching users with hands-on activities. I helped establish an on-line training process via webinars.
- Virtualization – I led the project to implement VMWare to virtualize many servers, including applications servers, utility servers, backup servers, and database servers.
- Patch Release Management - Review software/application failures and develop plans to implement corrective actions, then work with development team to implement and release solutions. I also helped create and implement testing strategies.
- Customer Service – My first position at DataLogic was as a Technical Support Specialist, which allowed the opportunity to provide excellent customer support. Because of this, I was assigned to provide support to larger customers and provide advanced technical support.
Part-Time Web Developer at the University of Texas at Brownsville
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley is a part of the University of Texas System which consists of fourteen institutions.
- Project Management – I created new websites for College of Biomedical Sciences and Health Professions. I established weekly meetings to discuss and obtain material for website design and publication.
- Web Design and Development – I created and maintained websites for Biomedical Sciences and Health Professions department using Microsoft SharePoint and writing pages in HTML and CSS.
- User Experience Design – I designed web pages based on requirements obtained from the department staff. With these requirements, I created demo websites with Visual Studio using ASP.NET and submitted for approval, prior to publishing to university website.
Advertising Consultant at Valley Bargain Book
Valley Bargain Book is a weekly publication that is delivered to the doorsteps of homes in South Texas
- Business to Business Sales – Sold advertising space in weekly publication to businesses in multiple cities throughout South Texas.
- Ad Design and Development – Work with customers to develop advertising solutions, which included designing new advertisements and re-designing current advertisements.
Master of Education in Educational/Instructional Technology
Fall 2013- May 2016
University of Texas at Brownsville
- Final GPA of 3.92
- Also earned Graduate E-Learning Certificate
Bachelor of Applied Science in Computer Information Systems
University of Texas at Brownsville
- Final GPA 3.366
- President's list Fall 2011, Spring 2011
- Associate of Applied Science in Computer Information Systems on May 2011
- Associate of Arts in General Education on May 2010
Professional Certifications and Awards
- May 2016 - Graduate E-Learning Certificate
- Feb 2016 - Microsoft Technology Associate - Database Fundamentals
- Jun 2017 - Rising Star Award at Brownsville Public Utilities Board
- Nov 2017 - Employee of the Month at Brownsville Public Utilities Board
- In Progress - Project Management Professional Certification